If you want to try the new version of DPM, you can now download the RC version. There is a couple of new features that wasn’t in the beta version, one that I know people have been waiting for – Support for workgroup machines.
Yesterday Microsoft released the System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cross Platform Cumulative Update 2 (KB979490). This update fixes the blow issues (plus the fixes in KB973583)
- The Log File provider rescans a file repeatedly if the size of the file has become smaller than last scan, generating old records and potentially causing performance issues on AIX computers and the Operations Manager Management server.
- When the Operations Manager Management server fails over to another Management server, alerts in the failed server’s log files may be re-generated and CPU load may increase significantly.
- The Cross Platform agent installed on a Solaris computer could stop working when the system configuration is changed. For example, when disks are added or removed on the Solaris computer.
- The Operations Manager agent stops working on computers running supported version of Solaris where Hot Spare Pool is declared by name and there is no disk association.
- The Operations Manager Management server fails to replace display string parameter while creating the alert for monitor state change.
- Operations Manager generates ‘disk full’ alerts when mounting UFS CDROMs on any supported version of Solaris.
- Certificate generation could fail when adding a new UNIX or Linux computer to the management group.
Note that this update need to be install on both Management Servers and gateway Servers
This week a updated version of the Windows Server Internet Information Services 7 was released:
Download from Microsoft or use the Operations Manager R2 console to download/Import
Note that if you are running Operations Manager 2007 Sp1 you need to install the “Service Pack 1 Update” K971541 before importing the MP. Since this update is not supported for SCE, I’m not sure if the MP will be supported. I will update this post when I get more information
When I was at a customer, I run into two issues when configuring the Exchange 2007 MP that I thought I would share with you all:
- Problem 1
- If your Exchange has multiple OWA virtual directories, you wont get any data in the synthetic transaction performance views
- As of now, you need to delete the “extra” virtual directory
- Problem 2
- If you are running Exchange 2007 SP2 and configured the “client synthetic transaction” you will get an alerts (see below) and the state of your CAS Synthetic Transaction State(s) will go red.
- When configured client synthetic transaction for OWA internal and/or External monitoring
- The test was unable to log on to Outlook Web Access because the SSL certificate did not validate. You can force the cmdlet to proceed by re-running it and specifying the TrustAnySSLCertificate parameter URL
- When configured client synthetic transaction for Activesync and/or Web Services monitoring
- [System.Net.WebException]:The underlying connection was closed. Could not establish a trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.Inner error [System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException]:
The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure – Some of the client access server connectivity transactions failed
- Disable the BPA on CAS servers.
1. Click the Authoring button in the Operations console, and then click Rules.
2. In the Rules pane, in the Look for box, type Exchange 2007 Test System Health, and then click Find now.
3. Right-click the Exchange 2007 Test System Health rule in the list, click Overrides, click Override the rule, and then click For all objects of class: Exchange 2007 Best Practice. A list of override controlled parameters is displayed.
4. Select to disable it
Yesterday Microsoft released the Cumulative Update 1 for System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2. This update included allot of fixes and is also a requirement if you plan to use the Exchange 2010 MP (Note that if you are using System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1, you should download and install the 971541 update)
Issues that is fixed in Cumulative Update 1:
NOTE! This update need to be applied to all roles (RMS, MS, Gateway, Web, ACS and agents). Please read the technote for recommended installation order
NOTE! There is two steps that require manual configuration after you installed the update. Please read the technote for details