In the last weeks Microsoft released a couple of good and important hotfixes for all of you that uses SCCM 2007 R2.
- If you installed the 2212600 update that lets you import the same driver multiple times and you use driver categories you might have noticed that the category information is overwritten. To fix this Microsoft released the below update:
- If you use SCUP and have a SCCM multi site infrastructure, and you try to publish updates with "metadata only" they will not be replicated to the WSUS hierarchy servers.
Note that the above updates are identical and you should only install one of them (not sure why the WSUS team released two)
- If you have a Task sequence that installs many updates (more then 80) you might have noticed that the TS might stop responding. To fix this Microsoft released the below update:
- If you have a Task sequence that installs a lot of Software (more then 100) you might have noticed that the TS might stop responding. To fix this Microsoft released the below update:
A couple of weeks ago the WSUS team released there SP2 for WSUS 3.0. Now the SCE team has announced that SCE 2007 SP1 support to upgrade to WSUS 3.0 Sp2.
Read the announcement on the SCE team blog
Dustin from the SCE team just posted a blog about two issues that can affect your SCE server (since SCE uses WSUS), have a look at the post and make sure you install the KB954960 hotfix on your SCE server.
Last week Microsoft released WSUS 3.0 SP1. The service pack adds both new features and fixes:
· Support for Windows Server 2008 (Integration with Server Manager as an out-of-band role)
· Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2008
· Enhanced bulk approval capability, preserving existing approvals
· Support for separate proxy servers and ports for SSL and non SSL traffic
· Better performance
· Detailed computer reports that can be imported to Excel
Note! This service pack is not supported to be installed on SCE servers – SCE SP1 will include WSUS 3 SP1.
Download WSUS 3.0 SP1 from Microsoft
Microsoft has released a new version of there “Patch Management Tool”. There is a lot of new and enhanced functions in this release. One of the biggest change is the console, they removed the web console and added a new MMC based console. The new version can’t be installed on Windows 2000 server, you need Windows 2003 server or “Longhorn”. If you have your WSUS 2.0 on a Windows 2003 box, you will be able to do a in-place-upgrade.
Learn more about the new features in WSUS 3.0
Download WSUS 3.0