Today I was looking at the Dell World 2012 Online. During the the session “Evolving the commercial Endpoint: Merging Design with Security, Manageability and Reliability in Your Business with Jeff Clarke” I saw two new types of machines that will be available next year – looks pretty cool:
In picture one you see a new style of the Latitude series
In picture two you see an 18 inch “All-in-One” that also can be a tablet
If you need to do any type of Bios configuration on you Dell business client (Dell OptiPlex™ desktops, Dell Latitude™ laptops, and Dell Precision™ workstations), CCTK is the tool for you. Today Dell released an updated version (2.1.1) that adds:
- Support for new platforms
- Support for the following new BIOS options
- Signed Firmware Update
- Fan Speed
- Stealth Mode
- Fan Control Override
- Multi display
- Chassis intrusion status – Support for Door Open, Door close, Tripped & Trip reset
- Autoon – Argument ‘selectdays’ added for selecting the days.
- PCI Bus CountOwner Password
- System Defaults
- Primary battery management configuration
- Battery slice management configuration
- Module bay battery management configurationhdd1fanenable
- Support for the following new options in SCE (Self Contained Executable)
- Support for Windows 8
- Support for WinPE 4
Except for these new features, it also fixes some bugs that were discovered in earlier versions
Read more and download it from Dell – http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/1952.dell-client-configuration-toolkit-cctk.aspx
Four of the Dell MP’s has been updated in the last weeks. Please download and read the guides to get started.
- Support for PS5000, PS5500, PS4000, PS4100, PS6000, PS6010, PS6100, PS6500 and PS6510 Arrays
- Support for EqualLogic firmware upto 5.1
- Support for Storage Pool Monitoring
- Ability to turn on/off detailed monitoring for scalability
Download Dell EqualLogic Storage Management Pack Suite for SCOM, v.4.1, A00
- Support for latest Dell Printers
Dell Printer Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager, v.4.1, A00
- Supports OpenManage Client Instrumentation (OMCI) 7.8, OMCI 8.0 and OMCI 8.0.1.
- Provides launch of remote desktop console for Dell Clients.
- Provides support to display Manufacture Ship date and Battery Part numbers of
the Dell Client.
Download Dell Client Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, v.4.1, A00
- Scalability and performance improvements over the previous releases.
Support for the following MD Storage devices: MD3200, MD3200i, MD3220, MD3220i, MD3600i,MD3620i, MD3600f, and MD3620f.
- Revised and updated knowledge articles for recovery failures.
- Launching the Dell Discovery Utility from the SCOM console.
- Option for Scalable or Detailed Monitoring.
Dell MD Storage Array Management Pack Suite for System Center Operations Manager, v.4.1, A00
and if you want the 4.1 version for servers you can download the
Dell Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, v.4.1, A00
As you all know, Dell has been proving easy to use driver pack that can be used in SCCM and MDT for a couple of years. What you might not know is that HP started to do the same and they call it “Integrated Device Drivers for Microsoft Windows 7”. As far as I can see, they only do this for some of there models and only for Windows 7.
To find you Dell Driver Pack for Latitude, Optiplex or Precision you have a summary page on Dell Tech Center that links to all of them or you can access the CABs from http://support.dell.com — Select Drivers & Downloads, and enter the system model. You will find the supported driver .cab file in the "Systems Management" section under "Driver Pack"
Please note that Dell only support the System cabs. The Combo CABs are designed for deployment to multiple models and are developed and supported by the Dell TechCenter community
For HP you will find the driver under “Software – System Management”. An example is for the HP Compaq 6005 Pro business PC