If you want to try the new version of DPM, you can now download the RC version. There is a couple of new features that wasn’t in the beta version, one that I know people have been waiting for – Support for workgroup machines.
Yesterday Microsoft released the System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cross Platform Cumulative Update 2 (KB979490). This update fixes the blow issues (plus the fixes in KB973583)
- The Log File provider rescans a file repeatedly if the size of the file has become smaller than last scan, generating old records and potentially causing performance issues on AIX computers and the Operations Manager Management server.
- When the Operations Manager Management server fails over to another Management server, alerts in the failed server’s log files may be re-generated and CPU load may increase significantly.
- The Cross Platform agent installed on a Solaris computer could stop working when the system configuration is changed. For example, when disks are added or removed on the Solaris computer.
- The Operations Manager agent stops working on computers running supported version of Solaris where Hot Spare Pool is declared by name and there is no disk association.
- The Operations Manager Management server fails to replace display string parameter while creating the alert for monitor state change.
- Operations Manager generates ‘disk full’ alerts when mounting UFS CDROMs on any supported version of Solaris.
- Certificate generation could fail when adding a new UNIX or Linux computer to the management group.
Note that this update need to be install on both Management Servers and gateway Servers
This week a updated version of the Windows Server Internet Information Services 7 was released:
Download from Microsoft or use the Operations Manager R2 console to download/Import
Note that if you are running Operations Manager 2007 Sp1 you need to install the “Service Pack 1 Update” K971541 before importing the MP. Since this update is not supported for SCE, I’m not sure if the MP will be supported. I will update this post when I get more information