I höst erbjuder Microsoft TechNet i samarbete med Knowledge Factory två intressanta seminariedagar för dig som vill utvecklas – såväl personligt som professionellt. Missa inte dem!
Gurun Richard Klees till Sverige
Lär dig att övertyga din chef, dina kunder eller andra i din omgivning! Kom och lyssna till en helt magisk presentation med Richard Klees, som har tränat några av de bästa föreläsarna i världen. Detta seminarium är ett måste för dig som skall föreläsa på stora konferenser så som t ex Best of MMS, eller TechDays – men även för dig som vill utvecklas personligt och förbättra dina möjligheter på arbetsmarknaden.
› Stockholm (29 september)
Mer information och anmälan »
Deployment Roadshow vNext
Vill du lära dig mer om nyheterna i ConfigMgr 2012 och MDT 2012? Anmäl dig till Deployment Roadshow vNext! Då får du en teknisk heldag om Systems Management och Windows Deployment med Wally Mead, som är en legend inom Systems Management. Missa inte chansen att träffa honom och tre tunga MVP:er – Mikael Nyström, Andreas Stenhall och Johan Arwidmark. Johan blev dessutom topprankad bland de 523 talarna vid senaste TechEd i Atlanta.
› Göteborg (29 november)
› Sundsvall (30 november)
› Stockholm (1 december)
› Malmö (2 december)
Mer information och anmälan »
As you all know, Dell has been proving easy to use driver pack that can be used in SCCM and MDT for a couple of years. What you might not know is that HP started to do the same and they call it “Integrated Device Drivers for Microsoft Windows 7”. As far as I can see, they only do this for some of there models and only for Windows 7.
To find you Dell Driver Pack for Latitude, Optiplex or Precision you have a summary page on Dell Tech Center that links to all of them or you can access the CABs from http://support.dell.com — Select Drivers & Downloads, and enter the system model. You will find the supported driver .cab file in the "Systems Management" section under "Driver Pack"
Please note that Dell only support the System cabs. The Combo CABs are designed for deployment to multiple models and are developed and supported by the Dell TechCenter community
For HP you will find the driver under “Software – System Management”. An example is for the HP Compaq 6005 Pro business PC
If you ever wanted to be able to see/open images in RAW format on your Windows 7 machine you have until needed to find a supported codec from your camera vendor. Some of them has been providing this in both x86 and x64 format but not all. If you had different cameras you also need to install from both vendors.
The good things is that Microsoft now released something they call “Microsoft Camera Codec Pack” This enables the viewing of a variety of device-specific file formats in Window Live Photo Gallery as well as other software that is based in Windows Imaging Codecs (WIC).
Below you see the detailed information for the package:
- Installing this package will allow supported RAW camera files to be viewable in Windows Explorer.
- This package is available in both 32-bit (MicrosoftCodecPack_x86.msi) and 64-bit (MicrosoftCodecPack_amd64.msi) versions.
- The Microsoft Camera Codec Pack provides support for the following device formats:
- Canon: EOS 1000D (EOS Kiss F in Japan and the EOS Rebel XS in North America), EOS 10D, EOS 1D Mk2, EOS 1D Mk3, EOS 1D Mk4, EOS 1D Mk2 N, EOS 1Ds Mk2, EOS 1Ds Mk3, EOS 20D, EOS 300D (the Kiss Digital in Japan and the Digital Rebel in North America) , EOS 30D, EOS 350D (the Canon EOS Kiss Digital N in Japan and EOS Digital Rebel XT in North America), EOS 400D (the Kiss Digital X in Japan and the Digital Rebel XTi in North America), EOS 40D, EOS 450D (EOS Kiss X2 in Japan and the EOS Rebel XSi in North America), EOS 500D (EOS Kiss X3 in Japan and the EOS Rebel T1i in North America), EOS 550D (EOS Kiss X4 in Japan, and as the EOS Rebel T2i in North America), EOS 50D, EOS 5D, EOS 5D Mk2, EOS 7D, EOS D30, EOS D60, G2, G3, G5, G6, G9, G10, G11, Pro1, S90
- Nikon: D100, D1H, D200, D2H, D2Hs, D2X, D2Xs, D3, D3s, D300, D3000, D300s, D3X, D40, D40x, D50, D5000, D60, D70, D700, D70s, D80, D90, P6000
- Sony: A100, A200, A230, A300, A330, A350, A380, A700, A850, A900, DSC-R1
- Olympus: C7070, C8080, E1, E10, E20, E3, E30, E300, E330, E400, E410, E420, E450, E500, E510, E520, E620, EP1
- Pentax (PEF formats only): K100D, K100D Super, K10D, K110D, K200D, K20D, K7, K-x, *ist D, *ist DL, *ist DS
- Leica: Digilux 3, D-LUX4, M8, M9
- Minolta: DiMage A1, DiMage A2, Maxxum 7D (Dynax 7D in Europe, α-7 Digital in Japan)
- Epson: RD1
- Panasonic: G1, GH1, GF1, LX3
Download Microsoft Camera Codec Pack
The Intune team made a new beta version of Windows Intune ready for testing a couple of weeks ago. There is a impressive list of new features that I have heard many asking for. I have been running the beta now on a couple of test systems and it really looks good (still hope we get some updates before release). below you see a list of new features:
- Package applications, upload them to the cloud for distribution, and deploy them to your Windows Intune-managed PCs. Applications can be in EXE or MSI format. When application is deployed, BITS is used to ensure data transfer is efficient.
Better Hardware Reporting and Filters
- In v1 Windows Intune did inventory a lot of H/W but to get it out from the console was harder. In v2 we now have H/W reports and also the option to export to file from the H/W tab when looking at a single computer
Third Party License Management
- In v1 we have the option to connect your Microsoft Volume License Agreements and from this do some reporting on your licensing status. New In v2 is that you can create/add third party license information– all in one place.
User Interface Enhancements
- Many new enhancements have been made to the user experience. One of the biggest thing is – Right click which will display a list of context-sensitive actions you can perform
- A new role has been added – We can now create a “read-only” user
- Execute a number of tasks on remote unattended PCs
- Invoke malware definitions to install
- Initiate a malware scan to run immediately
- Remotely reboot a PC.
Improvements to Alerts Workspace
- We can now configure thresholds on alerts so you can filter out less important events, and focus on the ones that matter to you.
- Improved the way you set up recipients for these alerts.
Support for images
- The Windows Intune client is ‘image-friendly’ and can be set up prior to image deployment. Previously, the Windows Intune client required an internet connection before it could install.
To test all of these new functions – Sign up for the Windows Intune beta
Report feedback to the team
An important update has been released by Microsoft – CU5. Below you find what’s updated since CU4 (note that CU5 included all fixes so you don’t need to install any other CU’s):
- Restart of non-Operations Manager services when the agent is updated.
- Updated ACS reports.
- TCP Port Probe incorrectly reports negative ping latency.
- MissingEvent Manual Reset Monitor does not work as expected.
- Drill-through fails due to rsParameterTypeMismatch in the EnterpriseManagementChartControl.
- ACS – Event log message is truncated or corrupted in SCDW.
- UI hang caused by SDK locking.
- ACS Filter fails for certain wildcard queries.
- Edit Schedule button is disabled with SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Web console is timing out while opening the left navigation tree.
- Scheduled Reports view for Windows Server 2003 and SQL SRS 2005 SP3 CU9 – returns System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
- Signed MPs cannot be imported when new attributes are added to existing classes.
Download CU5 from Microsoft
Good post about CU5 from Kevin Holman
Microsoft has released System Center Operations Manager 2012 beta to the public. Some of the new cools features are:
- No more single point of failure – RMS is gone
- Rich application performance monitoring and diagnostics for .NET applications plus JEE application health monitoring
- Support for monitoring heterogeneous environments
- Integrated network device monitoring and alerts
- Simplified management infrastructure
- Common console across datacenter and clouds with customizable dashboards
- High Availability for UNIX/Linux and Network Devices monitoring
- …and a lot more
Download OM2012 from Microsoft
I’m now back from a long nice vacation and as you probably noticed – A lot has happened during summer and I will write some post to recap if you missed it.