Microsoft just released two new authoring tools for System Center 2012, one focused for developers and one for a more dag&drop admins (like me). Below you find more information about the tools.
Overview of System Center 2012 Visual Studio Authoring Extensions—VSAE
The System Center 2012 Visual Studio Authoring Extensions—VSAE—is an add-in for Visual Studio 2010 Professional provides Lifecycle Management Tools to support Management Pack Authoring.
- VS Projects for Monitoring MPs, System Center 2012 MPs including Operations Manager and Service Manager.
- MP Item Templates for quick creation of MP Items.
- XML MP Item Templates (generates MP XML for editing).
- Template Group Item Templates (Abstract your intent from MP XML).
- Snippet Templates (generates MP XML from CSV)
- IntelliSense for MP XML for the following versions:
- System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2
- System Center 2012 Operations Manager
- System Center 2012 Service Manager
- Integrates into Visual Studio Project System with *.mpproj.
- Enables building within VS & MSBuild.
- Supports custom build tasks (simply edit *.mpproj or *.sln)
- Build multiple MPs (multiple *.mpproj) in a solution.
- Integrates into any VS supported Source Control systems.
- MP Navigation Features
- Management Pack Browser for browsing MP Items.
- Go to Definition
- Find All References
- ResKit Tools integrated
- Workflow Simulator
- Generate Visio Diagram
- MP Best Practice Analyzer
- MP Spell Checker
- MP Cookdown Analyzer
Documentation for the VSAE is available in the TechNet Wiki.
Overview of System Center 2012 Visio MP Designer—VMPD
The System Center 2012 Visio MP Designer—VMPD—is an add-in for Visio 2010 Premium that allows you to visually design a System Center Operations Manager Core Monitoring Management Pack. VMPD generates a Management Pack that is compliant to the MP Authoring Best Practices by simply dragging and dropping Visio shapes to describe your application architecture and configuring them through the Shape Properties.
- Visually describe your application architecture which generates classes and discoveries.
- Visually add monitoring to create monitors and rules.
- Start quickly from our pre-canned single server and multi-server patterns.
Documentation for VMPD is available in the TechNet Wiki